Eat, sleep & nice to know
West End offers a wide variety on places to stay. So there is something for every budget. Close to Jackson’s Dive Center you find the followings:
Here we go with some options for a quick lunch:
- USD 5.—daily special next door
- USD 5.—daily special or try our favorite: baleadas (500 ft/150m)
- Grocery store (300 ft/100m)
West End offers a large choice of international cuisines: from local delicacies to Thai, from vegetarian to seafood. You can find everything your heart desires.
Honduran currency is Lempiras and the exchange rate is roughly around 20 LPS to 1 USD. The U.S. dollar is used throughout Roatan, even most people also take USD and can give you change back in Lempiras. Credit cards are widely accepted. There are three 24-hour ATMs in West End (we recommend to use the one at the gas station). www.oanda.com
Voltage: 110/120 Volts, with standard U.S. outlets for two/three prong plugs.
- drink bottled water
- there are some medical clinics and two hospitals on Roatan:
- one in Coxen Hole
- one in French Harbour (opened in June 2016)
- there is a hyperbaric chamber on the island
Contact & Booking